Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED
Virtual Class Description: Join us for chess 5 days a week! We will offer sessions from 9am to 9:45am and 10am-10:45am every day so join us for one or both! We will use Zoom and will email an invitation approximately 10 minutes before the class begins.
Darien summer chess camps are open to players of all levels: beginners, intermediate players and tournament players.
- Beginners will play a full game all the way to checkmate by the end of the week
- Intermediate players will learn new strategies and openings
- Tournament-tested players will study famous games and learn how the best players in the world win...and how to play like them!
Players will be grouped according to their level of play and age.
Your child will participate in many competitive activities. such as ladders, team tournaments and matches. Each day's class will be divided into playing time (fun and serious games) as well as lecture and study time. Your child will have fun and improve at the same time, while making new friends. All participants will receive an award at the end of the week!
Enrollment will be limited to 16 students per instructor, with some classes smaller, based on the ages of the children who enroll.
Parents, you are invited to join the class—at no cost— the second day of class. This will give you an opportunity to learn or improve your game, so you may better your chances of beating your child when you play chess at home!
* Students who sign up for this class in conjunction with classes that end at 12pm or 12:15pm can sign up for Lunch Bunch which will provide students with a space to eat and play before the chess fun begins.
|Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED (O400A)|
|Dates:||6/29/2020 to 7/2/2020|
|Location:||TBA To Be Announced|
National Educational Chess Assoc.
|Grades:||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
$90.00 (Class Fee)|
Related Class Offerings
- Lunch Bunch - CANCELLED
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400B
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400C
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400D
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400E
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400F
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400G
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400H
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400I
- Summer Chess Camp - CANCELLED - O400J